Cosmetic Surgery Cost Estimator
The below calculator was created by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery based on recent surveys. The information is by no means final but intended to give you an idea of the costs involved. A discussion with your Doctor is needed to arrive at a final price as well as insurance coverage considerations.
For the most part, insurance companies will pay for those procedures that have health implications rather than purely aesthetic purposes or elective procedures. The below outlines different procedures and whether or not the typical insurance policy will cover them. Of course, your policy may be different so be sure to check!
- Weight Loss Surgery: Patients that are morbidly obese, to the point where it is a health concern, can usually have weight loss procedures covered by insurance. An important point to consider is that drastic weight loss medical procedures usually result in loose skin which require subsequent tummy tucks or mommy makeover procedures which are normally NOT covered by insurance plans
- Mommy Makeover: This procedure covers a few different procedures such as breast augmentation, tummy tucks, liposuction, etc. Be sure to check your policy or talk with your agent to get the facts on what might or might not be covered.
- Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty): Since this is almost always an elective procedure with no health concerns, it is seldom covered by insurance but, as always, check your policy and speak with your agent to be sure.
- Eyelid Surgery (blepharoplasty): If the top lid is interfering with eyesight, insurance companies will usually cover this. However, they will seldom, if ever, cover a bottom lid procedure.
- Nose Job (rhinoplasty): If a deviated septum or other problem is causing breathing problems, the insurance company will usually cover this as long as the doctor has thoroughly documented the health concerns.
- Breast Reduction: Most will cover it if you work at it aggressively and consistently enough. They won’t want to at first, but eventually, they are likely to give in. Stay at it!