Mommy Makeover Georgia
Mommy Makeover Surgery in Georgia
Cosmetic surgery procedures in Georgia, as with other areas, have hit an all-time high. With the intention of restoring their pre-pregnancy self-confidence and shape, a lot of women are opting for Mommy Makeover procedures. Plastic Surgery has been around for quite some time and so have the basic components of a Mommy Makeover procedure, but in the last few years the number of these body contouring procedures being performed has skyrocketed. With a more universal acceptance of Plastic Surgery these days, the procedures are likewise becoming more and more common place.
What is a Mommy Makeover surgery?
As mentioned, the procedures that make up this procedure have been around for quite awhile – they’re nothing new. Liposuction, breast lifts/augmentation and the venerable Tummy Tuck are the basics but other procedures are often added. Often, women will do only a single procedure either due to financial restrictions or just out of fear of the unknown – a fear that it might not go well. After the first procedure is a success, many will go back for follow up procedures. The recommended course of action is to get it all done at once as doing it this way lessens the overall time needed to heal.
Scars are a common concern for those considering these procedures. With today’s highly technical landscape, most Plastic Surgeons have very good minimal scarring technologies at their disposal. They have become adept at hiding the scars or mitigating their appearance in a number of ways. This will be a topic you certainly want to discuss with your doctor.
Typical Mommy Makeover procedures
The “typical” Mommy Makeover procedure consists of:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): Great stress is placed on the stomach muscles during pregnancy which causes them to stretch. After birth, many women go to great lengths to restore their stomachs but many don’t see the results they are hoping for. A Tummy Tuck helps by getting rid of the loose skin and giving the stomach a better and more youthful appearance.
- Breast Lift/Breast Augmentation: Breast feeding as well as pregnancy often cause a lot of stress on the breasts, causing them to sag. A breast lift or augmentation will counter-act these affects, rejuvenating the breasts to their youthful look.
- Liposuction: Removal of excess skin and fat that builds up in the thighs and stomach regions during and after pregnancy
Are you a good candidate?
For the most part, a good candidate is healthy, not a minor (except in cases of required plastic surgery for a small number of reasons), your body is relatively stable with respect to weight gain/loss, and you should be (although not required) done with child bearing.
Mommy Makeover Before and After Pictures
As you look through different sites to evaluate and eventually choose a cosmetic surgeon, be sure to pay close attention to the before and after pictures posted by patients. These pictures tell a compelling story and can give you some indication of the experience and competence of the surgeons you are looking at. We choose not to show before and after pictures on this site simply because they are so prevelent and easy to find elsewhere.
Prices for a Mommy Makeover procedure vary depending on many factors such as geography, procedures chosen and, of course, your surgeon. Take a look at our Cost Estimator page for a good idea of what you’re looking at as a total picture but also remember that basing the decision on price alone is not recommended. But how is that amount broken down?
- Surgeon Fee: This is the amount the surgeon charges for doing the procedure and will vary widely depending your location and the surgeon. Typically, a more experienced and well-known surgeon will command a higher price. With the recent advent of television shows popularizing Plastic Surgery, some surgeon’s fees have increased dramatically.
- Anesthesia Fee: Depending on the service performed and by how, this anesthesia fee can vary quite a bit. A board certified MD Anesthesiologist will charge much more than a non-certified nurse. Bear in mind that anesthesia is a critical part of the process and paying extra to ensure a fully qualified and experienced anesthesiologist is handling your procedure is money very well spent.
- Facility Fee: Depending on if the procedure is performed in the doctor’s office or a hospital, for example, will determine the Facility Costs associated with the procedure.
- Accessories: Items that will add to the comfort for the patient but aren’t necessary for the procedure itself fall into this category and they can add up. Items like a pain pump or Exparol Injections for 72 hours of surgical site numbing may show up on your estimate and you should understand what they are and be ready to speak with your surgeon about them.
- Revision: Revision, or follow up surgery, is usually discounted if you go back to the same surgeon and is a very common practice for both surgeons and patients. Usually, patients who get one procedure often go back for revisions as well as additional procedures.
- Add-on Surgeries: Having multiple procedures simultaneously usually lowers the cost as compared to having them separately – hence the popularity of the Mommy Makeover where multiple cosmetic surgeries are performed at the same time.
- Insurance: If a procedure that is covered by insurance is performed at the same time as the cosmetic procedure, the costs can be lowered. For example, repairing a hernia at the same time as a Tummy Tuck can result is paying less out of pocket as the insurance may cover much of the facility, anesthesiologist and over fees.
Is it risky?
It is surgery, and all surgery has it’s inherent risks. Risks during the surgery stem mostly from anesthesia. Post surgery, the biggest risk is infection. In spite of these risks, the various types of Plastic Surgeries are well aged, well tested, and very safe. yes, there are horror stories but like with anything, they get all the press whereas the many, many successful procedures do not.
Another factor to consider when weighing the risk is the quality and experience of the person doing the surgery. Stories abound of women going to 3rd world countries to have these procedures performed and, in doing so, save a great deal of money. However, this increases the risk immeasurably. As with anything else where your health and large amounts of money are concerned, do you research. Look at many different doctors, talk with people who have gone through the procedures, review certifications and awards, etc. In short, put as much work into the research on this as you do when you buy a house or a car. More even…your health is at stake!
How long will it last?
The different types of plastic surgeries have a different lifespan and you should be aware of this as you do your research. Here’s a few examples – of course, your mileage may vary.
Liposuction: this varies, depending on the lifestyle of the individual. If a healthy lifestyle, good nutrition and a solid fitness schedule is adhered to, liposuction results can last a lifetime. However, poor eating habits and little to no fitness regimen can quickly undermine the effects.
Facelift: A facelift is normally targeted to make you look 7-10 years younger, but you have to remember that the aging process still continues. So as you age, your face as well as your facelift improvements will age as well.
Rhinoplasty (nose job): These are usually permanent. The odd exception is when performed on very young individuals who’s bodies have not stopped growing yet.
Breast Implants: Typically good for about 10-30 years, depending on the device’s lifespan. It’s usually counseled to patients that a breast implant is not a lifetime device.
Tummy Tuck: The lifespan of a Tummy Tuck parallels that of liposuction above. If the patient’s lifestyle is updated to include sound nutrition and fitness, then a tummy tuck can last a lifetime.
This is a pretty good run down of Mommy Makeover procedures and what you can expect. Elsewhere on this site you’ll find more information and access to several surgeons in your area that you should contact for additional information and even an in office evaluation. Regardless of how you proceed, we thank you for visiting and hope you found what you were looking for.
Makeover Georgia has info about other cities as well. For more information about Plastic Surgeons closer to you, click on one of the links below:
- Savannah Plastic Surgery
- Augusta Plastic Surgery
- Columbus Plastic Surgery
- Macon Plastic Surgery
- Athens Plastic Surgery
When it comes to researching and understanding Plastic Surgery, there is no such thing as too much information. With this in mind, there are two great sites to do additional research on Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgeons and their clinics in and around the Savannah area.